Preventing a Security Breach
How to protect client information has become a vital issue in today’s world of cyber attacks. If your law firm is hacked, or a data breach occurs in a medical office, the personal and financial data found in client records can be used to create fake accounts and transactions. Changing IT landscapes (virtual, mobile, cloud services) and evolving cyber threats have made periodic scanning and compliance audits insufficient to protect businesses against modern cyber attacks. That is why an cyber security assessment is of critical importance: it can show you where improvements are needed to safeguard your valuable data.
Nettology offers both External and Internal Network Cyber Security Assessments.
External Vulnerability Scan – Perimeter Assessments
This external vulnerability scan looks for holes in your network firewall(s) and analyzes firewall traffic flow. This detailed Security Assessment Report of your External Network Vulnerabilities prioritizes potential network risks and ranks them from high to low. Recommended solutions are also noted. This risk analysis report will spotlight:
- Firewall access allowed and blocked event indicators across TCP, UDP, ICMP, and Unknown protocols. This data can identify ports being used within applications or services, as well as any unknown ports being used for malicious purposes. This information can also indicate that systems are being “pinged” by internal applications or malicious outsiders for reconnaissance purposes.
- Blind spots in the firewall, and recommendations to strengthen the firewall.
- Inbound network activity such as encrypted sessions, partial connections, inbound attacks, and potentially compromised hosts or remote access services enabled on critical or internet facing hosts.
- Remote access sessions, login failures, data leakage, and malicious port connections. Information presented by may useful in identifying compromised hosts or other types of malicious activity.
- Recommendations for remediation of found issues and concerns.
External Vulnerability Scan – Perimeter Assessments will help you determine:
- What data can safely be allowed to leave your site, and what should be restricted.
- The current state of your firewall configuration. Is your firewall setup correct? Does the configuration of your firewall have the latest revisions or does it need an upgrade?
Nettology will conduct remote external vulnerability scans on your IT network and provide you with the thorough External Network Vulnerabilities Summary Report Security Assessment detailing the current state of your company’s perimeter security. We’ll discuss the finding with you and make recommendations on advised steps to take to safeguard your business against external security risks. This analysis is a good way to prepare your company for compliance reviews.
For a complete cyber security risk assessment, an Internal Network Vulnerability Assessment is also recommended.
This internal vulnerability scan will look for weakness inside your network firewall(s). This type of comprehensive analysis of your network’s internal security will specifically examine:
- User names and passwords.
- Company policies for removing user names and passwords of former employees.
- Passwords of current employees – are the passwords being used too weak?
- Patch management; is all your software up-to-date?
- Back Up system and frequencies.
Nettology’s Cyber Security Assessments will provide you with detailed IT risk analysis of the external and/or internal safety of your business network infrastructure. Nettology won’t just hand you a report, we’ll go over the findings with you and present those finding in clear terms with cost-effective remediation options for any cyber security issues that were detected.