Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity planning: it’s essential
Network Downtime – A Business Killer
IT disasters caused by fire, floods, hurricanes, employee errors – it can’t happen to my business. But what if it does? In 2017, CNBC reported that 40 percent of small businesses do not reopen after a disaster, and 25 percent fail within one year. No one likes to think of unpleasant scenarios like these. Yet the fact remains that data and application restoration is essential in today’s world – for businesses of ALL sizes.
Think about the high cost of data loss and business disruption:
- All internal business processes cease. Marketing, billing, order management and supply control come to a complete stop, or must switch to time-consuming manual processes
- Sales teams lose access to customer data
- Employee productivity drops
- Restoring your business IT infrastructure may take days or weeks
- Customers are dissatisfied and go elsewhere
- Missed deadlines result in employee overtime and/or contract penalties
Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity planning: what is it?
Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery planning outlines how a business continues its operations after disaster strikes. Disaster Recovery covers many types of destruction, including ransomware attacks and damages caused by floods, fires and hurricanes. Catastrophic hardware failures can happen at any time. The good news is that you can take proactive steps to minimize their damaging effects.
Preventing Business Disruption after a Disaster
A network backup solution with a robust disaster recovery plan is a critical part of maintaining the long-term integrity of your business. Cloud-based automated backup makes it easy to recover and restore business data. The disaster recovery technologies available are not just for large corporations anymore. They are affordable, even for small business owners.
These key services can help your company ensure business continuity in the event of a fire or flood in your corporate office:
- VMware Virtualization Service – Virtualization creates software-based (virtual) representations of applications, servers, storage, and networks. Virtual servers backed up to the cloud make it possible to quickly restore your data and applications after a catastrophe.
- Datto – State of the art solutions for data protection and disaster recovery for virtual, physical, mobile and cloud environments. Learn more.
- Amazon Storage Gateway – This amazing technology allows your data storage to be seen locally by your servers, and replicates it to the Amazon Cloud data centers. If a disaster occurs, you have access to your data.
Data Loss Protection, Disaster Recovery, Business Continuity: Solutions For Business Success
In today’s world, Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity planning are essential to help protect your business. A Managed Service Provider like Nettology can work with you to create a cost-effective cloud backup plan that will help you leverage new technologies to keep your data secure and confidential. As IT consultants, Nettology can advise you on the kind of protection and services your company may wish to adopt. We can also implement a Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity solution, or provide help when you need prompt recovery of your applications and files after a disruptive event.
We work with companies throughout the United States, and offer on-site support for businesses in the greater Philadelphia area. Call us at 610-558-1730 for more details or learn more about our services.