5 Tips To Help You Shop Securely Online
The holidays are right around the corner and it’s time to start your holiday shopping. During the holidays, millions of people often fall victim to stolen credit card information and online security breaches. Don’t let that happen to you or your employees. Here are some tips to help prevent you from becoming a victim of online scams, stolen credit information, or fraudulent activity.
- Website security – You should see a padlock symbol in the web browser when you go to the payment page of the website in which you are shopping.
- Use a different password – When you sign up for an account with Amazon, Toys R Us, etc and have to create an account to check out make sure you use a different password than your credit cards, bank information, etc so hackers will not gain access to all your information.
- Choose a password that is uncommon. Using a series of letters, numbers, symbols and caps will help create a more secure online environment. (ie: Eero167**T)
- Don’t use public Wi-Fi when shopping online.
- Use a payment system website– Using a payment system like Pay Pal can eliminate you having to put your credit card information into the website’s system.