The Cloud? Yes, The Cloud.
You’ve heard of the cloud, and you’ve heard about the benefits of outsourcing elements of your company’s IT environment. However, you might feel slightly overwhelmed by the prospect of choosing from a list of VPS server cloud options that could support your company. Or maybe you’re terrified of finding out just how unsafe your IT environment is after running a firewall assessment or cybersecurity evaluation.
When considering growth opportunities, cloud computing provides affordable, scalable access to an IT environment made possible by a high-functioning, global network of offsite servers, which are linked together and operate in a single ecosystem. In fact, remote managed IT support empowers businesses to meet service demands and scale quickly, without significant investments in infrastructure or personnel.
As a business owner, you are as successful as the total sum of your staff and the technology that supports their operations. A robust cloud server means not having to worry about the day-to-day functionality of any essential SaaS functions that ensure your business runs on all cylinders, including payment processing, accounting, collaboration and project management tools. Apart from ease of implementation, cloud tools are essential for growth as they increase operational efficiencies and sales productivity.
The Cloud Moves With Your Business
After you’ve decided your business is ready for the cloud and begin your search for the best cloud hosting providers, remote managed IT support has you scratching your head. Should you begin with a firewall risk assessment or cybersecurity evaluation? Thinking about an AWS migration?
To help you decide, we’ve assembled the Top 10 Cloud Server Questions to demystify remote-managed IT support. Realizing your greatest potential as a business owner will mean making important decisions and understanding everything from the value of Google cloud hosting pricing to learning about weaknesses in your IT environment through a cybersecurity posture assessment. After all, your service, productivity, reputation, and profitability depend on your IT environment!
The Big 10 of Cloud Server and Remote Managed IT Support
- What is cloud migration? If your business is ready to expand while working within an existing infrastructure, cloud migration is a solution to managing your company’s digital assets, resources and associated applications. Choosing the best cloud migration option will increase your productivity and profitability.
- What are the benefits of cloud server options? Moving your operations to the cloud directly impacts your budgeting, flexibility, availability, heightens security in your IT environment and provides around-the-clock monitoring for your business.
- Will migrating to the cloud disrupt my business operations? To move your business to the cloud without disrupting your operations, plan to migrate mission-critical operations off peak-hours. This will help ensure employees and customers alike will be able to continue working seamlessly with apps and data.
- Would it be cheaper to have our in-house IT guy do this? Decreased total cost of ownership for operations and enhanced expertise and support are driving reasons businesses move to the cloud. Sharing a network of servers instead of buying and maintaining your own, and instead relying on an outsourced IT staff and data facility, dramatically decreases capital burdens and operating expenses.
- Do I need a firewall risk assessment? A firewall risk assessment should factor into a comprehensive understanding of your cybersecurity environment and would be part of your organization’s cloud infrastructure, ensuring that your business is protected from a variety of risks and threats.
- What is a VPS? A virtual private server or VPS is a form of cloud hosting in which virtualized server resources are made available to an end user over the internet via a cloud or hosting provider. A VPS can provide:
● Private and secure video conferencing
● Collaborative document sharing and editing
● Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
● Project management tools and other customizable task oversight
- How do I choose the best option for cloud migration? If you are setting up a new business or require a new data center, a thorough discovery of your IT environment and a strategic alignment will be essential to designing and planning your migration.
- What is IT service desk outsourcing? IT service help desk outsourcing makes it easy to respond to support demand and scale as needed. It provides customers with real-time solutions to troubleshoot problems.
- How do I choose the right cloud management platform? A cloud management platform and cloud infrastructure management will allow a business to understand the basics of their inventory levels using online software. Inventory management software offered as Saas is available through an internet connection on virtually any desktop or mobile device and benefits a company by allowing seamless data access and updates, and it is much more affordable than traditional software.
- What is Azure Rights Management? Azure Rights Management (Azure RMS) is a cloud-based technology that uses encryption, identity, and authorization policies to help protect emails and files across multiple devices, including phones, tablets and PCs.
A cloud server hosting price will depend on the needs of your organization. For example, AWS Savings Plans offer automatic savings based on a monthly service usage (like an electricity bill) and offer discounted rates for prepaid resources.
The best cloud hosting provider delivers maximum network uptime—your network is up and running—and it will help to mitigate single points of failure in your IT environment through systems monitoring.
Ready to talk about the best cloud migration option for your business? Reach out to Nettology today and schedule a consultation with one of our IT experts!